Is your iPhone pretty much surgically attached to your hand Facebooking? Do you love posting pics of cats, cool products, and food on Instagram? Do you love sharing your wisdom on Tumblr and your followers comment what a great storyteller and writer you are? If "Yes," then Kitty Kasas has a great opportunity for you and this role can be virtual anywhere in the United States.
In 2014, Kitty Kasas was launched by the founders of the ARNI Foundation, which is a 20 year old non-profit, animal rescue shelter based in Daytona Beach, Florida. ARNI (Animal Rescue Need & Intervention) was founded by Nicole Linn and Rusty Niedwick as a labor of love and a fundamental commitment to saving and improving the lives of homeless and abandoned animals.
We are looking for a strategic thinker and great storyteller who is email marketing and social media savvy to help take our company to the next level. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, get excited about finding smarter ways to do things, and have a burning desire to be part of a winning team where you can truly make a difference, we want to meet you. Review the list below and only apply if you can demonstrate passionate results around each of these key attributes:
- Strategic Thinker – always thinking about the end goal to create a win-win for Kitty Kasas, our customers and our target audience.
- Excellent Communicator – clearly and concisely get the point across. Write conversationally. Your messages shouldn't sound like advertising but instead tell dynamic stories. Nothing makes you crazier than seeing content, especially your work, with spelling or grammar errors. Oh, and of course you love blogging!
- Time and Resource Management – you can manage project resources and plan appropriately for time and budget while working on several projects.
- Social Media Fanatic – you live, eat, breathe and even dream about social media. A new social media tool comes out and of course you are on it! However, you only will recommend the right tool when it makes business sense.
- Proactive Go Getter – naturally curious about what’s going on in the world of digital marketing, especially social media, and can quickly address how it impacts our company and our customers. Must be resourceful. You should be able to use multiple avenues to gain information as well as promote our business. You are creative and think outside the cat box - pun intended!
- Love All Things Cats – your heart skips a beat when you see or think about cats.
- Team Player & Relationship Builder – seek input from others. Ask smart questions. Bring solutions - not problems. Work to build and maintain strategic relationships. Work hard until the job is done right!
- Flexibility – social media success is based on timing both in posting and responding. This role will not be a typical 9-5 job.
- Results Oriented – experience establishing metrics, gleaning community insights and reporting/recommending strategies that achieve business and marketing objectives.
Experience We Are Looking For:
- 2+ years of experience producing high quality content, email marketing, influencer outreach and managing social media platforms or communities.
- Design experience creating visual content (e.g. social media branded image) using tools such as Canva and Photoshop
- Undergraduate degree in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations, media studies, business and/or related fields.
- Management experience overseeing resources delivering social media activation (including content planning, social media community management, and influencer engagement).
Kitty Kasas is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. Kitty Kasas offers competitive salary and vacation benefits, company-sponsored events, and flexible work-from-home policies.